Transparency in Supply Chain Policy
California, United Kingdom & Australia
This Notice is for California, Australia, and United Kingdom Residents and it supplements the information contained in the Privacy Policies for DZ Trading, LTD (“DZ U.S.”), ("DZ International ")
and DZ Shanghai Trading Company LTD (“DZ Shanghai”) for the website: https://www.dzgroup.com/. This Notice applies solely to all visitors, individuals, single entities and others who reside in the State of California (“CA”), Australia (“AUS”) and United Kingdom (“UK”) ("Users”, “you" and “your”), and is adopted to comply with the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (SB 657) (“CCPA”), UK Modern Slavery Act (“UKMSA”), and Australian Commonwealth Modern Slavery Act (“ACMSA”) (collectively, the “Acts”). The terms defined in the CCPA, UKMSA and ACMSA have the same meaning when used in this Notice. If there is an inconsistency in the meaning from the Acts, the order of priority for use is the CCPA, UKMSA and UKMSA.
On January 1, 2012, the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (SB 657) became effective in the State of California. The law requires large manufacturers and retailers to disclose their efforts to eliminate human trafficking and slavery in a business’ supply chain. The key purpose of the law is for consumers to become informed, so they can make informed decisions when buying goods and consider purchasing from a company with trustworthy supply chain policies.
DZ U.S. and DZ Shanghai, together with their affiliates, hold themselves and their suppliers and license partners to a high ethical standard when doing business and are committed to operating their business’ in an honorable, honest and socially responsible manner. Our goal is to work with suppliers who share and implement the same values and we expect them to comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the United States of America, the People’s Republic of China and the various countries in which we have goods produced. DZ U.S. and DZ Shanghai are committed to complying with the Acts and will not, with knowledge, work with a company that is involved with any kind of involuntary or forced labor, slavery and/or human trafficking.
1. Verification. Before starting a business relationship, potential risks are assessed as they pertain to suppliers regarding human trafficking and slavery. Initiatives are employed to help evaluate potential business relationships. Reviews are done by either an approved third-party company or a trained person appointed to assess suppliers.
2. Audits. Companies in the supply chain are monitored and evaluated by an independent company (such as _____), which is certified globally for compliance with the Acts and the maintenance of the expected high standards. These independent third parties are part of a task force to ensure compliance. Routine audits are conducted and used as a tool to measure compliance.
3. Certification. At the beginning or renewal of a relationship, direct suppliers and licenses are required to acknowledge that the materials used in manufacturing its products conform to the relevant laws and regulations pertaining to slavery and human trafficking laws and regulations in the countries in which manufacturing is done. DZ Shanghai and DZ U.S. seek business partners that share the commitment of compliance pertaining to slavery and human trafficking.
4. Accountability. Employees, agents and independent contractors are expected to behave, when representing and working with DZ Shanghai and DZ U.S., in an ethical and legally compliant way and comply with all applicable laws and regulations. DZ Shanghai and DZ U.S. maintain internal accountability standards and procedures for employees, agents or independent contractors who fail to satisfy company standards regarding slavery and trafficking.
5. Training. For employees directly responsible for supply chain management and issues, training is offered to avoid or mitigate the risks of human trafficking and slavery in the supply chain for the products it manufactures.
6. Contact Information. If you have any questions or comments about this Notice or the ways in which DZ Shanghai or DZ U.S. manages its compliance regarding slavery and human trafficking as mentioned in this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also write to us at:
DZ Trading, LTD
New York, NY _____
This Transparency in the Supply Chain Policy was last updated on May 6, 2022.
Copyright © 2024 DZ Shanghai Trading, LTD. All Rights Reserved.